Saturday, January 23, 2016

This Man

On New Years Eve it was the 17 year anniversary of our first date.  Tim and I have had a jam packed, adventure filled 17 years.  I'm grateful for all the years, even the really hard ones.  No matter the season, good or bad, three things have always been true:  he sincerely is the love of my life, I am really glad I married him, and I honestly always think he's the most attractive man in the room.  
The season of pregnancy was a good one for us!  He was thrilled to be a dad and took on the role of caring for the baby the only way he knew how, through caring for me.   From early on in pregnancy, even before I needed more help with things, Tim cared for me.  As I look back on those 9 months I see it as such a gift and such a blessing that he took on the dad role so seriously even before Enoch was born.  

In preparation...
I love that he had our whole household watch a video on the five S's in calming a baby.
*Our household = Two friends, Julie and Bethany and my nephew Johnny.
I love that afterward he made Bethany and I practice one of the S's by swaddling Julie. 
I love that he made all of us practice swaddling a stuffed moose.  


In the moment...
I love that he then swaddled Enoch.  There really is no way to express how much I loved him in the moment.
I love how much he loved and cared for Enoch.
I love how he was overprotective as any new dad would be.  
I love how he stayed up all night to be with our son for the few hours we were able to.


And now...
I love that he is by my side as we figure out this season of grief.
I love that he is my comfort in the middle of the night.
I love that he continues to care for me well even on his hard days.
I love that he is who is by my side when visiting Enoch's grave.

Most of all, I love that through 17 years of some extremely hard and many joyful days, that he continues to be the love of my life and the father of my child.


No comments:

Post a Comment